Some color issues....

TiKiMoN
04-07-2003, 04:56 PM
I was testing my app on my boss's computer and noticed that all the text in the windows was a nasty looking green color. So was the text in all the other windows (his Display preferences were set this way). Since I only want my form and all controls and such on it to be silver with black foregrounds, I tried to go through and change the colors of everything to match this scheme. However, the only gray available in the palette light enough to look silver is more of a neural or reddish toned gray than the blueish gray of, say, a DataGrid.

So I have several questions I need to ask about overriding system colors for my app. First of all, will this require subclassing? If so, I'm not sure I want to include it, as the app is done and I'm not being paid for this extra bit of work. If it's easy to include, then maybe, but I don't like that I won't be able to stop the program other than the built-in program exit (instead of the Stop button).

Second, is there a way to change the palette to include colors I want to use? Will this compile with my program?

Third, I have a tab strip which doesn't want to change colors, same with DataGrids, and Button foreground colors are not available. Is there a way around this?

I'm not sure why the windows are not more easily customized... but I'm hoping to make my app conform to this simple setup for any Display configuration. Thanks for any help! :)

Machaira
04-07-2003, 05:00 PM
Check here for the answers to all your questions and more (mostly :D) - http://www.elitevb.com/

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum