A rant and a request

Topher2798
04-07-2003, 10:13 PM
Ok, first the rant:

I'm really bummed out that the browser object that comes with VB6 doesn't have an appearance property that allows you to set it flat instead of 3D. It always has that 3d border around it. Something else that extremly annoying is that it always displays the vertical scroll bar even when the HTLM page being viewed doesn't span beyond the top and bottom of the browser object.

Now the request:

Does anybody know of an alternative browser object that lets you display as flat instead of 3D and doesn't show the scroll bars unless the HTML page being viewed is larger than the browser object?

Machaira
04-07-2003, 10:46 PM
You could always subclass the control and make the changes yourself.

Topher2798
04-07-2003, 11:08 PM
If I knew how to subclass objects, I could probably do that.

I'll do some studying in subclassing and see what I can learn.

In the meantime, does anyone know of any alternative browser objects to replace the one that comes with VB6?

Flyguy
04-08-2003, 04:38 AM
Making a browser control is not that straight forward.
The browser control just wraps the Internet Explorer engine. Which is a very complex program.

Squirm
04-08-2003, 05:14 AM
You could try removing some of the windowstyles using GetWindowLong and SetWindowLong. For example WS_THICKFRAME and WS_VSCROLL might work. However, as Flyguy has mentioned, the browser object is a complex component which wraps the Internet Explorer engine, so whether this technique will actually produce the desired results I cannot say.

Machaira
04-08-2003, 06:54 AM
Check here for some info - http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=3814

GavinO
04-09-2003, 07:29 PM
Looking at the actual IE app, I'd say that the scrollbar is a permanent fixture. Beats me why they did it, tho. Making it invsible and making it disabled are not that harder/easier than each other, I'd think.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum