Problem with form, picture box and commands using BitMaps

TigerTee
04-11-2003, 12:16 PM
I have written a program which contains several forms, each of which loads a bit map created exactly the number of pixels as the forms' properties indicate. I also use the picture property of several picture boxes and commands the same way - always making sure the number of pixels in the bit maps matches the properties of these elements. On the computer I was using to develop the program, everything looked great. When I transferred everything to my backup computer, however, the forms, picture boxes and buttons took on a larger size. The pictures loaded into these elements, however, were the correct size. Originally I thought I needed to stretch the pictures, but I don't - they are the correct size. It's the forms (and the other containers) that get "bloated". This should have nothing to do with screen resolution, since I am using the same on both computers. But I am totally at a loss. Can anyone help me?

Thinker
04-11-2003, 06:44 PM
You should check the Screen.TwipsPerPixelX and TwipsPerPixelY values.
I will just about bet they are 15 on the one computer and 12 on the
other (large fonts causes this).

TigerTee
04-14-2003, 09:58 AM
Wow, that was it! Thank you very much! Now - how can I work around this problem? Any suggestions?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum