I want to break my one EXE file of my project into DLLs or EXEs.

badidi
04-16-2003, 06:43 AM
We are developing a big project that has many of Forms. If we do one VB project, then the output is one EXE file and all forms are in it. So, we want to break each form into separated projects (DLLs or EXEs). However, any form of the project can communicate with any other form.

Which way should we use to do this? :confused:

Machaira
04-16-2003, 07:26 AM
Sounds like you should keep it in one executable. Unless you're talking about 100's of forms it's not worth the trouble to break it up, especially given the condition of the last sentence in the 1st paragraph.

pnklphnts
04-17-2003, 07:36 PM
u cant break it into .dll's because .dll's deal with functions not forums. breaking it up would be quite hard so i would suggest ethier keeping it in one .exe (like the person above me just said) or try to reduce the number of forms if possible

Machaira
04-18-2003, 07:17 AM
Actually ActiveX DLLs can have forms in them. The interface into an ActiveX DLL is one more more classes, which can be problematic depending on how your project is structured.

13 Ways 2 Bleed
04-19-2003, 01:59 AM
You could always have both programs write/read to an ini file or a text file. It's crude but it'll work.

Machaira
04-19-2003, 10:04 AM
If you have to go to that kind of trouble though, it's probably not worth the effort.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum