Xtreme Visual Basic Talk

Xtreme Visual Basic Talk (http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/)
-   .NET Database and Reporting (http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/-net-database-and-reporting/)
-   -   DateTimePicker Date Range in DataGridView (http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/-net-database-and-reporting/328207-datetimepicker-date-range-datagridview.html)

SwsCheez 05-13-2016 10:30 PM

DateTimePicker Date Range in DataGridView

I am a frustrated Newb. I am trying to use a couple of datetimepickers to display the date range from an Access Database in a DataGridView. Here is the code I am using:

Dim dtp1 As String = DateTimePicker1.Text
Dim dtp2 As String = DateTimePicker2.Text
Dim strCriteria, task As String

Me.Refresh()
If dtp1 = "" Then
MsgBox("Please Enter The Date Range", vbInformation, "Date Range Required")
Else
strCriteria = "([Appt Date] >= #" & dtp1 & "# And [Appt Date] <= #" & dtp2 & "#)"
task = "SELECT * FROM BDC1 WHERE (" & strCriteria & ") order by [Appt Date]"

End If

SwsCheez 05-16-2016 09:01 PM

Wow.... Not one person has seen this?

Cerian Knight 05-17-2016 12:35 PM

The 'task' query string looks basically correct, except for possibly redundant WHERE '()'. What happens when you process the query string?

SwsCheez 05-28-2016 07:35 PM

HELP Please!!!! I just want the datagrid to show the information between the dates of datetimepicker1 and datetimepicker2. I still can't seem to get this to work. Here is my code and below it is the error that I get.

Dim dtp1 As String = DateTimePicker1.Value.ToString("#MM/dd/yyyy#")
Dim dtp2 As String = DateTimePicker2.Value.ToString("#MM/dd/yyyy#")

Dim con As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=|DataDirectory|\BDC3.mdb")
Dim sql = "SELECT * FROM BDC1 WHERE [Appt Date] BETWEEN '" + dtp1 + "' AND '" + dtp2 + "' order by [Appt Date]"
Dim da As OleDbDataAdapter = New OleDbDataAdapter(sql, con)
Dim dt As New DataTable()
da.Fill(dt)
con.Close()
DataGridView1.DataSource = dt

Here is the Error I get at "da.Fill(dt)"

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException' occurred in System.Data.dll

Additional information: Data type mismatch in criteria expression.

PlausiblyDamp 05-29-2016 12:57 PM

If you actually look at the variable sql in a debugger and then try running your generated sql directly against the Access dtabase in question does it work?

Looking at the code you have posted however you might be adding some unneeded ' charcters around the date variables.