Xtreme Visual Basic Talk

Xtreme Visual Basic Talk (http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/index.php)
-   Database and Reporting (http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   MSADODC.OCX problem when running an VB6 .EXE file (http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/showthread.php?t=84499)

brakos 06-13-2003 07:21 AM

MSADODC.OCX problem when running an VB6 .EXE file

Hello to all.
I am new to this forum and I hope I will get some valuable information

I made an EXE in VB 6.0 (in windows XP Pro) that is connected with a Access 2000 that adds , updates or deletes records. The application works fine.

When i copy the EXE file and the MDB in another machine (windows 98), when i run the applications says a box :

Runtime error 339. Components MSADODC.OCX or one of its dependecies not currently registered a file is missing or invalid.

I tried to install MDAC 2.5 or MDAC 2.6 but unfortunately it still didn't solve the problem.

Another thing is that in another windows 98 machine, first time the app didn't work but since I installed MDAC 2.5 the application worked fine with no problem at all. What should I do ? How can I fix this * * * * problem ? I couldn't get any help so far. Should I register something ? Should I run something first ? Even with the package and deployment wizard, when I run the SETUP.EXE it showed me a message :

An error occured while registering C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSADO25.TBL (also Abort, Retry, Ignore below) and then if i Ignore says : The file C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\msftqws.pdw\$(DLLSelftRegisterEX) could not be registered because it was not found

I will be waiting for responses. Anything, anyone because I work on this thing 2 months now but cannot go further :-(

DrPunk 06-13-2003 08:19 AM

First of all, don't worry about the MSADO25.TLB (not tbl) file registering. It doesn't need to. It's an error in the PDW that thinks that this file needs to be registered and it doesn't (the tlb is some sort of other layer that VB uses to get to ADO). There's a fix where you can change one of the installation files and change it so it thinks it's self registering so it doesn't bother trying and doesn't give the error, but it's a while since I used it so can't remember the exact details. Sorry. Just ignore the error and it should still work.

As for the moaning of the MSADODC.OCX, have you tried copying this file to the PC and using regsvr32 to manually register the file?

NoahBody 06-13-2003 04:01 PM

Ok,
This is really a WAG (Wild-***** Guess).

I've had this problem before and I seem to recall one of the following fixed it:

1) Make sure target system has all the latest Windows updates applied.

2) Make sure you've installed Service Pack 5 to the VB6 Development environment. I know it made changes to PDW.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...D-CDF2D29A79D5

3) Install and start using MDAC 2.7.

If your still stuck, get back with us.

->N.

brakos 06-14-2003 04:49 PM

thanx for your help.

Because i will go to work on tuesday, since then I wont try it :-(
So i will get in touch with you that day. I will try that service packs and the regsrv32 example and lets hope that it work

Thanx again for your help!!!

VBBrazil 06-15-2003 12:56 AM

I experienced something like this, some time ago, and install the MDACs just do... nothing. Well, try it because it coasts nothing.

However, if it don't works do the following:

1) Locate the folder \program files\common files\system\ado
2) Include the files of this folder in your installation package (Are you using one, uh?)

PS: Don't try to make the .EXE and then copy it to the other machine. You must create a installation package that will install and register all dll, ocx, etc.

Hope it helps.

brakos 06-17-2003 07:13 AM

Guys you are cool.......so far so good!

I used the regsvr32 command and I registered both MSADODC.OCX and MSHFLEXGRID.OCX that
I use in my application. The application started normaly without showing any annoying message.
But when I put some text in the form and pressed the insert button in my appl or when I used the
search button again it showed my some strange messages (like Runtime error 91, object variable etc)

In my application i use a couple of ADODC objects (I used from the
Components the Microsoft ADO Data Control 6.0 (SP4) (OLEDB). I believe that this Data Control is
missing and I have also to regsrv32 this. But which is the filename ? Because I still cannot INSERT
or UPDATE or even press the NEXT-BACK using the recordset :-( I stays like disabled in my form.

I hope that this will be tha last question and my problem will be solved.

Thanx a lot again...

crabby 06-17-2003 07:37 AM

vb brazil asked it before did you create a package with the Package and Deployment Wizard or did you just copy the files ?

brakos 06-17-2003 02:57 PM

No, I didn't because I couldnt.
As i mentioned before, while I am installign the
package with the setup.exe, it says a message:

"An error occured while registering the file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\msjro.dll"

also with msadrh15.dll
also with msadox.dll
also with msador15.dll
also with msadomd.dll
also with msado26.tbl
also with msado21.tbl
also with msado20.tbl

etc...etc..etc...so I dont want to waste your time.
The package cannot be installed in any way :-(
That's why I am just copying that files.

The error occurs when I use the ADODC1 object in my
EXE file in the Windows98 system when inside the code
I say ADODC1.Recordset.Movefirst.

I don't know. I had that problem 3-4 months ago when
I gave up and I made the program from scratch this time
not using msaccess but a....txt file using OPEN, APPEND
and the usuall commands from QuickBasic.

But this time the data are so many that I have to use
access because there are queries and sortings and there
is no way to turn it to txt files. Its so strange problem
and I dont know yet how to solve it. I am trying....:-(

Jamesanthony 06-18-2003 03:01 AM

Abort Retry Ignore

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos
Guys you are cool.......so far so good!

I used the regsvr32 command and I registered both MSADODC.OCX and MSHFLEXGRID.OCX that
I use in my application. The application started normaly without showing any annoying message.
But when I put some text in the form and pressed the insert button in my appl or when I used the
search button again it showed my some strange messages (like Runtime error 91, object variable etc)

In my application i use a couple of ADODC objects (I used from the
Components the Microsoft ADO Data Control 6.0 (SP4) (OLEDB). I believe that this Data Control is
missing and I have also to regsrv32 this. But which is the filename ? Because I still cannot INSERT
or UPDATE or even press the NEXT-BACK using the recordset :-( I stays like disabled in my form.

I hope that this will be tha last question and my problem will be solved.

Thanx a lot again...

I have had the same problem, normally I just Ignore and the application works fine, however when I added a mapi control to my project and made a new install (Pak and dep) the program gave me errors about something not being registered.
The way out for me was to install VB onto the client machine try the program uninstall vb and it should work.

brakos 06-18-2003 03:39 PM

Hey Jamesanthony !!!

Finally after installing the VB 6.0 in the win98 system, the programm worked fine! My problem came to an end and from know I will now..:-)

The funny thing is that some guys were looking at me and I was saying that I am installing some updates that are needed and blah...blah... while i was setting up the vb studio, and thank god they left for coffee and letting me do the work and deleting the vb studio shortcuts and the vb6.0 for not being noticed...hahahah coool...im so happy that after almost 2 weeks I solved that f(#$(*#$ problem... :D

Thanx to all guys who helped...I appreciate that...