Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > General Discussion > Tech Discussions > ordering mp3 songs?

Old 06-29-2007, 07:51 AM
Contributor

Default ordering mp3 songs?

when u burn an mp3 disc u cant control the order of the songs on the disc....or can u??? anyone know?

i thought if i made folders like this and put a song in each one it would work but it didnt....

a, b, c,d,e,f,g,h,i ............. etc
Old 06-29-2007, 09:25 AM
Fabulous Florist

Forum Leader
* Guru *

What program are you using to burn the disc?

Also you saved 7 characters by dropping the "yo" from "you" and any apostrophes. Also you avoided using the shift key at all. However, you used 12 too many periods instead of just "..." and added 2 extraneous spaces between a, b, and c. Your attempt at efficiency at the cost of increased parsing difficulty is admirable, but you actually gained 7 characters due to poor optimization.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtmaWeapon View Post
What program are you using to burn the disc?

Also you saved 7 characters by dropping the "yo" from "you" and any apostrophes. Also you avoided using the shift key at all. However, you used 12 too many periods instead of just "..." and added 2 extraneous spaces between a, b, and c. Your attempt at efficiency at the cost of increased parsing difficulty is admirable, but you actually gained 7 characters due to poor optimization.
im just using the standard windows thingy to burn it. i also have nero premium 7 but havnt used it before.
thanks for the english lesson, teacher....lol
Old 06-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Fabulous Florist

Forum Leader
* Guru *

Just use Nero; I wasn't even really aware the built-in Windows CD burning thing would even make an audio CD. I believe Windows Media Player could burn CDs as well but I mean you have a high-dollar CD burning program why use the free one?
Old 07-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Junior Contributor

When I burn a disk with mp3s, I use Nero (5.5) and create a data disk. It is a disk with mp3 files and I play it on my Sony CD walkman. Nero creates the disk compilation with a Windows Explorer-style interface. The files always are recorded in alphabetical order (like Explorer). I wanted to change the order of the songs too. You can save a Nero compilation to file; it will have an .nri extension. I opened that file with a binary editor and figured out the data format. Then I reordered the songs non-alphabetically. Burning a disk with that new .nri file DID put the data on the CD sectors in a different order (verified with ISOBuster), but when my Sony disk player read in the data, it presented the songs alphabetically anyways. You can create playlists in Windows Media Player, and control the order of songs, but I don't think it is possible with my Sony player. So, in the end, it might depend on your media/disk player.