Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Legacy Visual Basic (VB 4/5/6) > VBA / Office Integration > Excel > Excel Macro question

Old 03-22-2003, 12:24 AM
Junior Contributor

Question Excel Macro question

I'm just curious. Is there any kind of property of a spreadsheet that you can set to stop it from updating formatting changes? I have macros that Run lengthy formatting operations, and although I used Range objects to manipulate the cells the program can run slow because it always wants to refresh after every single change... So can I temporarily stop it from doing this while my macro is running?
Old 03-22-2003, 08:45 AM
Variable not defined

Retired Moderator
* Guru *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdo300
I'm just curious. Is there any kind of property of a spreadsheet that you can set to stop it from updating formatting changes? I have macros that Run lengthy formatting operations, and although I used Range objects to manipulate the cells the program can run slow because it always wants to refresh after every single change... So can I temporarily stop it from doing this while my macro is running?
Use Application.ScreenUpdating=False at the beginning of your macro
And Application.ScreenUpdating=True at the end of your macro.
You'll notice an increase in speed. Typically, during testing I don't use the ScreenUpdating property just so I can see exactly what is happening.