\r\n\r\n
Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Legacy Visual Basic (VB 4/5/6) > Database and Reporting > SQL server and dates :(

\r\n \r\n

\r\n\r\n\r\n
Actually there is two questions that bug me.
\r\n1. that will be simple I\'m apparantly can\'t too blind to make out a way to default a datetime column to the equivalent of NOW
\r\n2. thats more comestic but ...
\r\n
\r\n
Code:
\r\n
SELECT t1.f1, t2.f1 AS \'blub\', ....\r\nFROM t1, t2\r\nGROUP BY t1.f1, t2.f1
\r\n
now I havent yet managed it to display t2.f1 in any other the then format the SQL server like best (2005-07-27 00:00:00) and thats no good .I\'ve tried a CONVERT in the SELECT statement and in the GROUP statement but to no avail any help would be appreciated.
\r\n
\r\nMike
\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n __________________
\r\n there are always two sides of a story and 12 ways to sing a song or write some code. so whats wrong ?
\r\n
\r\nAvatar by lebb\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n'; pd[1030210] = '\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n  \r\n #2  \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Old\r\n \r\n 07-27-2005, 11:22 AM\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
HardCode\'s Avatar\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n HardCode\r\n HardCode is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2005, 11:14 AM
mostly gone

Retired Moderator
* Expert *

Default SQL server and dates :(

Actually there is two questions that bug me.
1. that will be simple I'm apparantly can't too blind to make out a way to default a datetime column to the equivalent of NOW
2. thats more comestic but ...
Code:
SELECT t1.f1, t2.f1 AS 'blub', ....
FROM t1, t2
GROUP BY t1.f1, t2.f1
now I havent yet managed it to display t2.f1 in any other the then format the SQL server like best (2005-07-27 00:00:00) and thats no good .I've tried a CONVERT in the SELECT statement and in the GROUP statement but to no avail any help would be appreciated.

Mike