Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Visual Basic .NET (2002/2003/2005/2008, including Express editions) > .NET General > How to simulate holding a key down in active window

Old 01-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Newcomer

Question How to simulate holding a key down in active window

Hi,

I am currently writing a program that takes a joystick input, and simulates key presses (hold) in the active window (a game). This should be used for a virtual H-Shifter, like the one in a car, to change gears.

My problem, is that I cannot find a command to hold down a key until I tell it to release.

I have tried

'SendKeys.Send("{1 down}")
'SendKeys.Send("{1 up}")

However, this does not seem to work (it comes up with an error "Specified repeat count is not valid.")

Can anyone help me with a command that will do this?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. This was originally in the games section but I was not sure that was right so I have put it here as well. Hope this does not cause and inconvenience

Tags
.net, directx, hold, key