Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Visual Basic .NET (2002/2003/2005/2008, including Express editions) > .NET Database and Reporting > PLEASE, SOME LIGHT HERE (database integration)

Old 04-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Newcomer

Default PLEASE, SOME LIGHT HERE (database integration)

So, i've been learning vb for a week now,
but passed the last 4 days trying to overcome this "error"..

Ok, so as soon i started,I moved to learning about apps with database (had previous classes about the basic logic in c.)
so I got a tutorial that showed how to integrate the windows form with a sql database just by the clik and drag method utilizing the wizard and stuff.
So i did the dabase,puted the primary key in the first colum, did some others like "FirstName", "LastName",etc; all fine there.The part that I got Stuck on was in the

saving process, the problem is, it save, but if i reiniciated it, i would lost everything.

Later I found that the VB keeps two copies of your database, so if i puted in the "copy if newer" in .mdf properties at solution explorer it would be ok.
Not always. If i quit the program, and enter again, i keep my data, but it still isn in the "show table data" at "database explorer", even after a lot of updates.

They said me that i wouldnt lost my data this way, but if for exemple, i change the "copy to output" statement to "do not copy", it shows me nothing in the database

while in debugging mode, and after i put it back to "copy if newer", it let me with just the data that i puted manualy in the database thruogh "show table data".

So, my question is:
how I keep the two databases always synchronized, so i can be fine about it?

PLEASE, i know i could keep learning other stuff, but this is making me crazy!