Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Visual Basic .NET (2002/2003/2005/2008, including Express editions) > .NET Game Programming > Managed DirectX > Accessing DirectX9 Direct3D VB.Net Samples

Old 01-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Newcomer

Default Accessing DirectX9 Direct3D VB.Net Samples

I downloaded the DirectX 9.0b SDK and the Managed Code update but when I open the projects in the Samples\VB.Net\Direct3D folder, if I open the main files I get error messages:

Example: the Fractal program

d3dapp.vb

Quote:
The class GraphicsSample can be designed, but is not the first class in the file. Visual Studio requires that designers use the first class in the file. Move the class code so that it is the first class in the file and try loading the designer again.
This also happens in d3dsettingform.vb, except that the offending class is D3DSettingsForm.

From the BumpUnderwater example, I also get this error message when I try to open BumpUnderwater.vb:

Quote:
The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes in it can be designed. The designer inspected the following classes in the file:

MyGraphicsSample - The base class 'BumpUnderwater.GraphicsSample' could not be loaded. Ensure the assembly has been referenced or built if it is part of the project.
This happens in several other projects, and is quite annoying, to put it lightly.

The version of Visual Studio installed with VB.Net is Visual Studio 2003

All help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Chaos Syndrome.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:15 AM
Newcomer

Ah, got it... - downloaded the updated SDK, then clicked "Build Solution..."