Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Legacy Visual Basic (VB 4/5/6) > Knowledge Base > Code Library > Transparent Sprite with programmatic mask

Old 09-27-2003, 09:56 PM
Obsessive OPtimizer

Administrator
* Guru *

Lightbulb Transparent Sprite with programmatic mask

I've seen a lot of examples where masks are created programatically, but the mask is created every time the image it blitted. This example caches the previous background and mask, which should lead to faster drawing operations. I hope you'll find it useful.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mask.zip (16.8 KB, 858 views)

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to do sprite animation using mask? pandamoniuman DirectX 1 08-23-2003 04:26 PM
Need to know how to make parts of an image transparent, e.g. for a sprite azzazzinz85 Interface and Graphics 5 05-30-2003 12:03 PM
Make part of an image transparent (I'll use it for a sprite) azzazzinz85 Game Programming 2 05-24-2003 06:19 PM
CreateBitmap API Limits LiquidPenguin API 7 12-29-2002 04:41 AM
Loading a Sprite Termor Game Programming 14 12-07-2002 08:37 AM

Advertisement:

Free Publications
The ASP.NET 2.0 Anthology
101 Essential Tips, Tricks & Hacks - Free 156 Page Preview. Learn the most practical features and best approaches for ASP.NET.
subscribe
Programmers Heaven C# School Book -Free 338 Page eBook
The Programmers Heaven C# School book covers the .NET framework and the C# language.
subscribe
Build Your Own ASP.NET 3.5 Web Site Using C# & VB, 3rd Edition - Free 219 Page Preview!
This comprehensive step-by-step guide will help get your database-driven ASP.NET web site up and running in no time..
subscribe

-->