Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Legacy Visual Basic (VB 4/5/6) > Database and Reporting > Problem generating a number in Crystal Report 9

Old 10-29-2003, 10:29 PM
Contributor

Angry Problem generating a number in Crystal Report 9

Hi all,

I've a Crystal Report 9 report. It is going to print a sales order with many service orders in it. The only parameter it takes is the sales order number. I will assign a number to each service order just for easy viewing:

Quote:
Sales Order No.: 123
----------------------
1...SO583022...
2...SO573890...
3...SO783920...
The numbers (1, 2, 3, and so on...) can be generated by using the built-in field RecordNumber in CR. However, now my report needs to modify so that it will take the shop number as parameter and print all the sales orders belong to that shop.

It is OK to break each sales order into different pages by using the Grouping features in CR. But I don't know how to reset the number so that the first item for each sales order will start from 1. If I use RecordNumber, the number will just keep on increasing without reset.

Thanks in advance.

Mike