Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Legacy Visual Basic (VB 4/5/6) > VBA / Office Integration > Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Other Office Products > Powerpoint MSGraph Datasheet Link

Old 10-30-2003, 07:20 PM
Newcomer

Question Powerpoint MSGraph Datasheet Link

I'm trying to break a link programmatically in VBA for Powerpoint. This is not a linked object itself. The chart is MSGraph and the datasheet is linked to a worksheet in Excel. It's simple to edit the graph and select "links" and "break link" from the menu, but I've got hundreds of them to do so I'm trying to figure out how to do it programmatically. I can see the "haslinks" property of the msgraph application object is set to true, but I can't figure out how to unlink it. I can't see any of the link information (application, sourcename, etc.) when I try to watch the object so I'm stumped as to how to do this. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:04 PM
Newcomer

Unhappy

I can get it to work most of the time using sendkeys, but it's sloppy and relies on the user not touching the keyboard. Still, here's a partial answer to my own question. By the way, I made it into an add-in so my users can jus select it from a menu on the current presentation.

Code:
Sub BreakDataSheetLinks() Dim msgApp As Graph.Application Dim sldCurrent As Slide Dim shpCurrent As Shape Dim msgResult As VbMsgBoxResult Dim vueType As PpViewType msgResult = MsgBox("This add-in has only tested effective on presentations " & _ "that have been just opened, but not yet viewed or modified. Click OK if " & _ "you want to continue with this add-in or Cancel if you want to save/close " & _ "and re-open this presentation.", vbOKCancel) If msgResult = vbOK Then vueType = ActiveWindow.ViewType ActiveWindow.ViewType = ppViewNormal ActiveWindow.Panes(1).Activate For Each sldCurrent In ActivePresentation.Slides ActiveWindow.View.GotoSlide sldCurrent.SlideIndex For Each shpCurrent In sldCurrent.Shapes If shpCurrent.Type = msoEmbeddedOLEObject Then If Left(UCase(shpCurrent.OLEFormat.ProgID), 7) = "MSGRAPH" Then Set msgApp = shpCurrent.OLEFormat.Object.Application If msgApp.haslinks Then msgApp.Visible = True msgApp.WindowState = xlNormal msgApp.WindowState = xlMaximized DoEvents DoEvents DoEvents DoEvents DoEvents DoEvents SendKeys "{F10}" DoEvents SendKeys "V" DoEvents SendKeys "D" DoEvents DoEvents DoEvents DoEvents DoEvents DoEvents DoEvents DoEvents SendKeys "{F10}" DoEvents SendKeys "E" DoEvents SendKeys "K" DoEvents SendKeys "B" DoEvents SendKeys "Y" DoEvents SendKeys "{ESC}" DoEvents msgApp.Update msgApp.Quit DoEvents End If Set msgApp = Nothing End If End If Next Next ActiveWindow.ViewType = vueType End If MsgBox "Done!", vbOKOnly, "BreakDataSheetLinks" End Sub

Last edited by JoshuaG; 11-07-2003 at 04:31 PM.