Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Visual Basic .NET (2002/2003/2005/2008, including Express editions) > .NET Office Automation > HOW TO: Delete a page in a MS Word Document?

Old 12-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Newcomer

Question HOW TO: Delete a page in a MS Word Document?

Heyas...
i was wondering if anyone knows how to delete a page in a word document using VB .net???

i got a document with 2 pages and i want to delete the last page of the document... can anyone help me on this one?...
thanks in advance...
Old 12-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Microsoft Excel MVP

Forum Leader
* Guru *

I'm no Word guy at all... but have you tried opening up Word, turning on the Macro Recorder, and then seeing what result it gives? From there you'll have to clean up the code and convert it to .Net-style, but the Macro Recorder is definately where I would begin.

Also, what do you mean by "delete the 2nd page". Do you mean delete enough text at the end such that it no longer rolls over to the 2nd page? Or is this a printing situation and you only want to print Page 1?
Old 12-21-2004, 11:32 AM
Newcomer

heyas, well i have 2 pages... and i want to delete the 2 page completly... so that in the end i will have only 1 page in my document...
Old 12-21-2004, 11:49 AM
Microsoft Excel MVP

Forum Leader
* Guru *

Use the Macro Recorder to figure out how to delete text.

I'm no Word guy at all, but I guess you would keep deleting text, one-by-one, until
Code:
ThisDocument.Windows(1).Panes(1).Pages.Count = 1
There may be a better way to do this, but given how little I know about the Word Object Model, this is the best I could do.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:51 PM
Unashamed geek

Retired Moderator
* Expert *

Is there a page break between the two pages? Or any other way to recognize where page 2 starts?