Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Legacy Visual Basic (VB 4/5/6) > General > Monthview - today variable?

Old 03-04-2002, 02:57 PM
Centurion

Default Monthview - today variable?

I am using a monthview object in my form and I have two text boxes to represent a date range that the user will be able to select. What I want is for the current date to be displayed in both the text boxes. I can physically put the current date into the monthview.value, but then tomorrow I will just have to change it again. On the monthview calendar the current date is circled in red, so there must be something that knows the current date. I want to take that variable and put it into my text boxes. Does anyone know how to access that? Thanks.

/<evin
Old 03-04-2002, 03:05 PM
Ultimate Contributor

Retired Leader
* Guru *

You can use the Date variable to return the current date. Time returns the time. Now returns both together.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:08 PM
xxxxxq

Default Month View

If memory serves me correct it goes a little something like this:

with monthview
.month = month(now)
.day = day(now)
.year = year(now)
end with

that should be thrown at the form load event. You may need to check the functions but i think they are right (sorry didn't have the luxury of a vb editor when posting).

Hope that helps.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:14 PM
Centurion

Default Thank you

Thank you VolteFace. I was able to make it work with "Date" quite easily by making a puiblic function called SetDate that is called on the Form_Load() event with the following:

Public Function setDate()
calDate.Value = Date

txtOne.Text = Date
txtTwo.Text = Date
End Function

I just need a good reference book...

/<evin