Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > General Discussion > Tech Discussions > File signature of word/excel/powerpoint

Old 03-15-2005, 12:07 AM
Regular

Default File signature of word/excel/powerpoint

Does anyone know how to deal with the file signature of word/excel/powerpoint?

They all have a common signature of D0 CF 11 E0 A1 B1 1A E1 but I want to find out who's who among them.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:12 AM
Senior Contributor

Retired Leader
* Expert *

im not sure about this one, but anytime i have file format / layout questions, i poke around www.wotsit.org .Typically i can find what i need there.

[vb][/vb] Tags | Standards & Practices Tutorial | File I/O Tutorial | List of all these Tags
Old 03-15-2005, 10:22 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjStinger72
im not sure about this one, but anytime i have file format / layout questions, i poke around www.wotsit.org .Typically i can find what i need there.
didnt found anything there
Old 03-16-2005, 08:56 AM
Senior Contributor

Retired Leader
* Expert *

typing "XLS" in the little search box on wotsit, i managed to locate a very tasty PDF that covered "Microsoft Excel File Format (versions 2, 3, 4, 5, 95, 97, 2000, XP)" (was actually the 5th link in the list that the search results presented). The information is there. You just need to search for it.

[vb][/vb] Tags | Standards & Practices Tutorial | File I/O Tutorial | List of all these Tags
Old 03-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjStinger72
typing "XLS" in the little search box on wotsit, i managed to locate a very tasty PDF that covered "Microsoft Excel File Format (versions 2, 3, 4, 5, 95, 97, 2000, XP)" (was actually the 5th link in the list that the search results presented). The information is there. You just need to search for it.
yep i found it but I dont get where did it mention about the header signature I even searched text in the pdf no occurences.