Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Visual Basic .NET (2002/2003/2005/2008, including Express editions) > .NET Game Programming > GUI settings

Old 06-18-2005, 02:45 PM
Regular

Question GUI settings

Here, i'm needing to change the video and audio settings, right? That would include for video: resolution, quality of textures, lighting, shadows, meshes, etc., also the number of bits for the screen to have, and mabey even what monitor to use for the game or how to set up dual monitors for the game. The things I need for audio are: input device (optional), output device, sound quality, decibal tuning, etc..

All of these will be in the settings form for my GUI.

I'm very sorry to say that I haven't gotten any chance to try much except for ask other developers, MSDN (it never works for me), and do a search for it in a search engine. What i'm trying to figure out is, WHAT KIND of coding will I have to do? I'm not really asking for code, yet.

Pat
Old 06-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Contributor

Could you reword that, or organize it a bit? I found it rather confusing...

It sounds like you need some API's search around www.AllApi.net

Last edited by bear24rw; 06-18-2005 at 08:29 PM.