Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Legacy Visual Basic (VB 4/5/6) > VBA / Office Integration > Excel > Autofilter with multiple columns and multiple criteria

Old 07-06-2005, 08:11 AM
Freshman

Question Autofilter with multiple columns and multiple criteria

Hi

I have a sheet of data, which I need to clear up. What I want to do is use the autofilter function to filter out the information that I need, leaving what I don't need visible and then delete the visible rows.

First filter is on column D, where I need to select all rows that are in "Unit1" and then filter on column C to select all rows that are NOT "Team1" or "Team2".

Code I have is:

vb/
Dim CheckRange As Range, DeleteRange As Range

Set CheckRange = Worksheets("Sheet1").Columns(7)
CheckRange.AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:="Unit1"
CheckRange.AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:="<>Team1", Operator:=xlOr, Criteria2:="<>Team2"

Set DeleteRange = CheckRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow
DeleteRange.Delete
/vb

However this does not work. It filters out all the non "Unit1" rows fine, but then applied a filter to Column C that does nothing!

Can someone help put me out of my misery?
Old 07-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Down...

Retired Moderator
* Expert *

You ask for filtering column 7 first (a single column)...
Made some minor changes:
Code:
Dim DeleteRange As Range With Worksheets("Sheet1") .Cells.AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:="Unit1" .Cells.AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:="<>Team1", Operator:=xlOr, Criteria2:="<>Team2" Set DeleteRange = .AutoFilter.Range.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible) DeleteRange.EntireRow.Delete End With
Not tested but should work
Old 07-08-2005, 05:02 AM
Freshman

Thanks

Managed to get it to work with a minor modification, appears as though what I thought said "Team1" didn't say "Team1", I had to use "Team1*" to get it to work.

However it deletes my autofilter / header row. I know i need to do something with offset to get this to work, but not sure what.

How do i modify this bit to make it not delete my header row?

Code:
Set DeleteRange = .AutoFilter.Range.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible) DeleteRange.EntireRow.Delete
Old 07-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Down...

Retired Moderator
* Expert *

Change that part of your code into:
Code:
With Worksheets("Sheet1") 'filter stuff here and then... With .AutoFilter.Range Set DeleteRange = .Offset(1, 0).Resize(.Rows.Count - 1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible) End With DeleteRange.EntireRow.Delete End With