Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Legacy Visual Basic (VB 4/5/6) > Installation / Documentation > Auto Install On Demand?

Old 04-19-2002, 06:25 AM
Junior Contributor

Default Auto Install On Demand?

Okay.. i am looking for a tutorial of somekind to installo game patches online. my online game will be like most and have updates. so i need to make it check for the updated version. then i need to install it on demand with no control to the player. it just patches the game. any tutorials out there? Ty

PS: Second Post
Old 04-19-2002, 10:33 AM
ISearchGoogle

Retired Moderator
* Expert *

I don't know if theres any tutorials, but then theres no set way of doing it. It will probably change depending on the rest of your system.

I'd do it by having your clients connect to the server, downloading a small text file - only a few bytes big, containing the URL of the new update (if there is one). If there isn't one, then theres nothing new to download.