Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Visual Basic .NET (2002/2003/2005/2008, including Express editions) > ASP.Net > cannot open asp .net

Old 09-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Centurion

Default cannot open asp .net

i had created asp .net under windows xp pro, then later i copy the entire folder to windows 2000 pro.... once i try to open the page with IE and it prompt this error ..... please help me

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: File or assembly name CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Source Error:

Line 11: debugging ASP.NET files.
Line 12: -->
Line 13: <compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true"><assemblies><add assembly="CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=9.1.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/><add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportSource, Version=9.1.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/><add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=9.1.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/><add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=9.1.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/></assemblies></compilation>
Line 14:
Line 15: <!-- CUSTOM ERROR MESSAGES

Source File: C:\Sato2\HelpDesk\web.config Line: 13

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine' could not be loaded.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:38 AM
Centurion

Question crystal report runtime error

I using VS .Net 2003, and I facing a runtime error during open the web crystal report. The following is the details of it. Please help me....

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Last edited by chngbh; 09-06-2006 at 03:16 AM.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:06 AM
Web Junkie

Retired Moderator
* Expert *

The Crystal Reports assemblies aren't installed on the server.
One of the results on this Google search should point you in the right direction.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:13 AM
Web Junkie

Retired Moderator
* Expert *

Please only start one thread per question...

To answer the second one, have you tried changed the attribute mentioned in your web.config file? That will tell you what the exact (real) error is.