Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Legacy Visual Basic (VB 4/5/6) > General > Adding days to a date

Old 03-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Regular

Unhappy Adding days to a date

I already know of the datediff() function, which has helped me in the program thus far. I'm wandering how (to easily) to add basically two weeks to a date.

My program is set up basically so you cant really do anything until you enter the starting date of two weeks. Its for calculating how many hours you've worked in the two week pay period. I'm trying to auto fill the boxes with the date at least so all they have to do is enter the time.

I want to figure this part out because if they enter say 03/20/08 and it adds 14, currently it does not know that a new month will begin before this two week period ends. I could probably figure it out with a bunch of loops or case statements but I'm just wandering if there's like an opposite function to datediff. OR if theres a function OF datediff that i have not recognized yet that will do this. I use it to calc the seconds right now between the two dates and get my info from there... i haven't tried much else...

any thoughts or tips you experts could give me?
Old 03-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Lost Soul

Super Moderator
* Guru *

You can use the DateAdd method, or just add the number of days to the date variable.
Code:
Dim myDate As Date ' Add 2 weeks using days myDate = Now() + 14 ' Add 14 days using the DateAdd myDate = DateAdd("d", 14, Now) ' Add 14 days using the DateAdd myDate = DateAdd("w", 2, Now)
Old 03-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Regular

There's a dateadd function?! Dang i guess i should have scrolled through the msdn

Thank you so much!
Old 03-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Google Hound

Retired Moderator
* Guru *

There's also a DateDiff function... which is also pretty useful.
"To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion." ~ unknown