Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Legacy Visual Basic (VB 4/5/6) > VBA / Office Integration > Excel > VBA - send email using CDO and Exchange

Old 07-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Newcomer

Default VBA - send email using CDO and Exchange

Hi all,
I have a problem with sending emails from VBA through remote Exchange server (in LAN). Previously I used remote SMTP server and everything was working fine, but now I changed few parameters to use Exchange instead and I'm facing the problem.

Here is my code (completely based on Microsoft refernence pages):

Code:
Dim Msg, Config
Set Msg = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
Set Config = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
Set Config = Msg.Configuration

Config("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 3
Config("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/mailboxurl") = sMailboxURL
Config.Fields.Update

Msg.To = sTo
Msg.From = sFrom
Msg.Subject = sSubject
Msg.TextBody = sText

Msg.send

Set Msg = Nothing
Set Config = Nothing
The error occurs on line "Config.Fields.Update":
No.: 3749
Description: Fields update failed. For further information, examine the Status property of individual field objects.
Status of field 'Sendusing' = 262155

Does anyone know what is the problem? I can't find better detail of the error. Also I tried to use several forms in mailbox address but the result is still the same.

I would appreciate any help or hint.

Many thans,
regards,
Pavel
Old 07-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Centurion

Seems to me that the value you're putting in the Sendusing configuration parameter is invalid.
From what I could find on MSDN (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...EXCHG.10).aspx), there's only 2 options for SendUsing:
1 - SendUsingPickup
2 - SendUsingPort

Therefore the value 3 would cause an error. Whether that error is helpful or not...., well, we all know how Microsoft's errors "help" don't we?

Hope this helps.
-EM