Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Legacy Visual Basic (VB 4/5/6) > VBA / Office Integration > Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Other Office Products > Word page numbers incorrect after combining documents

Old 10-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Newcomer

Default Word page numbers incorrect after combining documents

Hi,
After combining several Word documents into one master document using VBA from Excel, I find that some of them automatically restart the page numbering that I have in the master document footer. Is there a command that I can use to make sure that the page numbering of all sections that are brought in continue from the previous section? I find I can't even manually highlight the entire finished Word document and correct the page numbering. Also, the Word document template has a watermark set. Sometimes that will get removed after a certain document is inserted into the master document. I'd also love a solution for that problem.
Thanks.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Freshman

What version?

The simpliest for numbering is
Code:
ActiveDocument.Repaginate
Old 10-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Newcomer

Good question. I should have put that in my original post. I am running Office 2003. I have Excel and Word 2003 (SP3) with Visual Basic 6.5.

I tried the ActiveDocument.Repaginate (I had to code it wdApp.ActiveDocument.Repaginate because I'm controlling the Word document assembly from Excel) but it did not correct the page numbers in the footer. Some of the documents that I pull in have their own footer formatting with hard-coded starting page numbers.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Freshman

try this.

Code:
Sub RenumberPages()

'from word.mvps.org

Dim StoryRng As Range
Dim LngJunk As Long

'Fix the skipped blank Header/Footer problem
LngJunk = ActiveDocument.Sections(1).Headers(1).Range.StoryType

For Each StoryRng In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
    Select Case StoryRng.StoryType