Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > General Discussion > Random Thoughts > [windows XP] - registry problems

Old 11-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Banned

Default [windows XP] - registry problems

i have problems in my registry. for only now i ony need 1 value that i don't know do it
i was trying open a game(Red Alert 2) and i recive the error message(i will try translate it better i can): "wasn't possible detect the Ordinal 1111 in dinamic hiperlink library WSOCK32.DLL.
why these error?
can i fix it?
i belive that i need put 1 new value in registry for resolve these, but i don't know where
or SP3(reinstall) can fix these error and,maybe, more?
Old 11-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Multi-Technologist

Super Moderator
* Expert *

The file may be corrupted/infected. I found this related to ordinal issues with WSOCK32.DLL:
Quote:
Scan your system with a current A/V and then unpack a replacement copy of WSOCK32.DLL from your Windows CAB folders. See Microsoft Technical Bulletins Q298436 and Q242191 for more information.
Instead of 2*Pi, Tau should be defined as Pi/2 to respect least utilitarian granularity of the constant. In basics, the single to two-dimensional semi-circular transformation distance required to travel between two points demands this (Pi/2:1). The reader is free to demonstrate the numerous further examples of the utility of this proposed re-definition (including e^(pi/2*i) = i). Tau = Pi/2 was originally proposed by Albert Eagle in 1958, so the more recent proposal as 2*Pi is unfortunate.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Underclocked lifestyle

Forum Leader
* Guru *

When you see missing ordinal errors I doubt it has anything to do with registration, and this isn't a COM library anyway. More likely an old program compiled against headers from the pre-Winsock2 era.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
When you see missing ordinal errors I doubt it has anything to do with registration, and this isn't a COM library anyway. More likely an old program compiled against headers from the pre-Winsock2 era.
i format the pc, because i didn't have the internet
but theres any way for repair the windows(and that files) without format the pc?
or can i activate the setup in system, for, next reboot, instead enter in windows, enters in setup(not the cd, but the system setup)?
Old 11-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Multi-Technologist

Super Moderator
* Expert *

What is the reason to format the PC if the only problem is incompatible RA2? Give me the modified date and version of wsock32.dll. Search your system to make sure there are no other copies of the library present. Ordinal 1111 might exist in version 5.1.2600.5512 dated 4-14-2008, but it is possible that it only exists in later versions and that kernel32 is too new and is trying to reference the non-existent ordinal. I always first try to repair an installation... reformatting won't teach you anything.
Instead of 2*Pi, Tau should be defined as Pi/2 to respect least utilitarian granularity of the constant. In basics, the single to two-dimensional semi-circular transformation distance required to travel between two points demands this (Pi/2:1). The reader is free to demonstrate the numerous further examples of the utility of this proposed re-definition (including e^(pi/2*i) = i). Tau = Pi/2 was originally proposed by Albert Eagle in 1958, so the more recent proposal as 2*Pi is unfortunate.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:58 AM
Banned

"...reformatting won't teach you anything."
lol that's true
that's why i ask for learn repair the network and if theres more problems to learn
doing these format i learn:
-better serials in txt than exe lol;
-the firefox can, sometimes, don't showes everything(like that little window in my hotmail)... how repair? i used the CClean program for clean the cookies and more.. i win the 13MB's of free space and show that little window.
anotherthing that you need to know, after that ordinal error, i lose the network.
i think it stills to do with that files. is there any tool for fix them?