Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Visual Basic .NET (2002/2003/2005/2008, including Express editions) > .NET Communications > Serial port EOL character

Old 12-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Regular

Default Serial port EOL character

Hi All,

I have quite a bit of VB6 experience but now am trying to create my first VB.Net project. The project is very simple - it just needs to send 8-10 character strings from the PC serial port. The problem I'm seeing is that VB.Net is always sending out a 0x0A character after each 'WriteLine' call. Using VB6 it was necessary to manually send out any End Of Line characters. My application requires that no extra EOL characters be sent after the string. Can anyone explain how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin
Old 12-02-2011, 05:08 AM
Senior Contributor

* Expert *

Use Write instead?
Old 12-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Regular

WOW - I didn't even notice the Write function. That works perfect. Thanks DrPunk!!