Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Legacy Visual Basic (VB 4/5/6) > Installation / Documentation > Thraex Installwizard

Old 11-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Regular

Default Thraex Installwizard

Looking at ways to avoid buying InstallShield again and have been trying out Thraex Installwizard. It seems to perform well with 32 & 64 bit installs for my VB6 Apps and work very smoothly, but I have a limited number of machines to try it on. I think it handles the 32-bit OCX problems in 64bit machines correctly putting them in SysWOW64. Curiously, I see no mention of it in any recent forum discussions. That worries me a bit. Looks like a cost-effective ($89) solution.
Is no one using Installwizard? Any problems with it?

Only problem I see so far is when a user installs a more recent version setup from Installwizard over their original purchase that was installed with InstallShield, Desktop shortcuts are duplicated and a dual entry shows up in the Uninstall list.

I will appreciate any opinions - George
Old 11-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Freshman

I personnally use Inno Setup. Works with vbv6 and .net 2008, 2010. The duplicate icons usually come from not using the same guid in the setup or application files.

Tags
installwizard, thraex