Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Legacy Visual Basic (VB 4/5/6) > Knowledge Base > Code Library > LCD display simulation

Old 11-23-2002, 08:15 AM
Dead dog's ghost

Forum Leader
* Expert *

Default LCD display simulation

This is a little demo on simulating LCD display (like the one on your cell phone).
It uses 180 x 180 screen to draw and supports colors.

Basic character set is shown in the code (from A to Z), so if you want to use it, expand it to full chr set (sharacters are made in 5x7 format).

Method to draw anything to the surface is DrawPixel. With it, you can set each individual bit (pixel, LCD segment,...) on or off. This method is also used by PrintText.

You can add your own calculations to draw various objects on the display.

NOTE: Whe you print the text, make sure to raplace vbCrLf with vbLf!
Attached Files
File Type: zip lcd simulation.zip (3.2 KB, 696 views)

I'm sure there are things that are more important than me - I just can't thing of any...