Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Legacy Visual Basic (VB 4/5/6) > VBA / Office Integration > Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Other Office Products > Open File Path

Old 05-24-2001, 08:01 AM
AlanBates

Question Open File Path

I am trying to run code which will return the path name of the file that is being opened. e.g. I have an Access Database which could have be copied into a different folder from where I want it to stay. I would like it to check where it is as it opens. Does that make sense?

Old 05-24-2001, 08:03 PM
Senior Contributor

* Guru *

Wink Re: Open File Path

<font color=blue>CurrentDB.Name</font color=blue> is the property you are after. This includes the full path and file name of the database.

HTH

<font color=blue>Better to remain a fool than write a quote and remove all doubt. (****!!)</font color=blue>
Old 05-25-2001, 02:35 AM
AlanBates

Default Re: Open File Path

Thankyou, it works fine.