Go Back  Xtreme Visual Basic Talk > Legacy Visual Basic (VB 4/5/6) > VBA / Office Integration > Excel > VBA Commands Listing

Old 03-23-2003, 08:03 PM
Newcomer

Default VBA Commands Listing

I am an extreme newbie when it comes to VBA in Excel. Which is why I am here trying to learn. I've already found quite a few things on here helpful and am beginning to learn a few things here and there. But what I want to know is if there is a listing somewhere to lists all of these Excel VBA commands (I'm only interrested in using Excel commands as of now). I don't know if "commands" is the right word here but what I mean is things like Range("A1") and Range.Select.Copy (I know those aren't right ).

Any help would be appreciated and I'm sure you'll hear a lot more from me in the future.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2003, 08:17 PM
Junior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCalvert
I am an extreme newbie when it comes to VBA in Excel. Which is why I am here trying to learn. I've already found quite a few things on here helpful and am beginning to learn a few things here and there. But what I want to know is if there is a listing somewhere to lists all of these Excel VBA commands (I'm only interrested in using Excel commands as of now). I don't know if "commands" is the right word here but what I mean is things like Range("A1") and Range.Select.Copy (I know those aren't right ).

Any help would be appreciated and I'm sure you'll hear a lot more from me in the future.

Thanks

you can try recording a macro on excel. it will generate the corresponding codes you do to excel. and you can copy it to yuor vb codes
Old 03-23-2003, 08:23 PM
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCalvert

Thanks

you can try recording a macro on excel. it will generate the corresponding codes you do to excel. and you can copy it to yuor vb codes

Surprisingly, I have figured that out.

I'm just looking for a <i>full</i> listing of all the available commands and options and such.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:25 AM
Just another Excel nerd

Retired Moderator
* Guru *

While in VBA, hit your <F2> key to view the Object Browser. That should list all of the available objects, classes, and commands available to you, but it may take you a bit of time to understand the format of it.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:26 AM
Senior Contributor

* Expert *

Use the help system.
Excel, Macro, VB Editor, F1.
You can get a list of all objects, methods, properties and Events.

Alternatively, there might be something on www.MrExcel.com
Old 03-24-2003, 09:02 AM
Newcomer

Thanks guys. Will do.